Saturday, September 6, 2008

Made for you nudes

Since, I got up impossibly early today (6:45 am!), I figured I'd make the most of it and chat with you guys a bit. Work has been kicking my butt lately so I've actually been going into work this early, so my body clock is completely screwed up. This has had me slacking a bit on my posting and my makeup routine. Something about applying a full face of makeup at 6:00 am just doesn't seem right. It's all I can do to just get my booty out the door in coordinating clothes. Anyway, it has also spurred me to continue working on perfecting my minimal makeup look with the search for the perfect nude lipstick.

I have never been much for lipsticks at all. I just always thought of them in terms of the deep red my mom wears everyday. But I've seen more and more how lipsticks can be layered with glosses for a more polished look with longer staying power than gloss alone. Enter L'oreal Colour Riche Made for Me Naturals. I was completely sold on the concept, the perfect nude lip color for you based on your hair color and skintone. I purchased Bronze (869) for about $9.00 at my local Rite Aid. The color really is my perfect nude. It doesn't leave my lips looking dry and washed out looking, like some nude colors do, and the lipstick itself is very moisturizing though I'm still not a huge fan of that waxy lipstick smell. What can I say? You can't convert a gloss girl in one day! Be sure to add a little blush to your cheeks, though, when you're wearing a nude lip look like this if your not going to do a full on eye look, just so you do bring some color to your face.

Either way, these are definitley worth a go, though I might wait for a BOGO sale to stock up. Y'all know I'm all about a deal!

No comments: