Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Is there a 12 step program for product junkies?


While I was on the thought of maintaining oneself, in terms of your appearance, I came across this blog post on the Sephora blog. It’s says that women, on average, use 12 beauty/toiletry type products per day while men only use 6. It really got me thinking about how many products I use per day. This is what I’ve used so far today:
  • Toothpaste
  • Aveeno Positively Radiant cleanser
  • Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer
  • Avon Renew face cream (I used this on my cheeks because they have been dry latterly and this cream has a thicker consistency than the Aveeno)
  • Suave Tropical Coconut body wash
  • Jergen’s Shea Butter lotion
  • Dove deodorant
  • Donna Karan Cashmere Mist perfume
  • Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow quad in Sterling Rose
  • L’oreal Decrease (I haven’t sprung for the much loved Urban Decay Primer Potion yet. This stuff is cheaper, $8.99, and works pretty well)
  • Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara (This was a free sample. It works well but I don’t usually go for expensive mascaras since you have to toss them so often)
  • Wet ‘n’ Wild liquid liner in dark brown
  • NYX Mosaic Powder Bronzer in Love (I like that this doubles as my blush and bronzer)
  • Avon lipgloss in Canteloupe
  • ELF clear brow gel/mascara duo (I've been using this for my brows; I’m not in love with it but I hate being wasteful and I’m all out of my Covergirl)
  • C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine (I use this throughout the day in lieu of Chapstick)
  • Johnson’s baby lotion (I have this at my desk at work for use after washing my hands; not pictured)
  • Hand sanitizer

I never realized just how many products I use during the course of the day. I haven’t decided if my total is a good or a bad thing yet. How do you measure up?

No comments: